Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Words of Wisdom from Yoda

There are days when I catch myself taking myself too seriously. I start thinking too hard and overanalyzing, and many things I start trying to do just aren't good enough. It's sort of like trying so hard you can't. A quote from Yoda comes to mind, though: "No! Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." Perhaps I should quit trying to be grounded or focused, trying to listen; maybe all I need to do is let go, and just do.

Some of the times I am least centered are the times I'm trying my hardest to be.

Love and Light,
Claire

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try mindfulness meditation. Over time it may help free you of obsessive thinking and lead to equanimity and inner peace.
From a meditator.

3/2/06 5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Claire, I too aspire to 'simply be', but find myself continually over-analysing things. I'm really preoccupied with 'theology' at the moment because I am trying to work out an authentic and truthful outlook on quakerim. The silence of meeting for worship really helps me here because I start to see things in perspective, and its great to leave my hang-ups for a while and just dwell in the immediacy of the moment.

I love Yoda quotes! ("You will find only what you bring in" is a real favourite of mine). I've just been thinking about this poem by Robert Frost, which includes a phrase that sounds just like its from the little Yedi Master!

Anyway, all the best and "over the world, walking cheerfully, you shall"! - Simon

3/2/06 6:47 PM  
Anonymous Liz said...

Yoda's words are indeed wise.

21/11/09 6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger