Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Words of Wisdom from Yoda

There are days when I catch myself taking myself too seriously. I start thinking too hard and overanalyzing, and many things I start trying to do just aren't good enough. It's sort of like trying so hard you can't. A quote from Yoda comes to mind, though: "No! Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." Perhaps I should quit trying to be grounded or focused, trying to listen; maybe all I need to do is let go, and just do.

Some of the times I am least centered are the times I'm trying my hardest to be.

Love and Light,
Claire

4 Comments:

Blogger Shane said...

I often do the same thing Claire…………..like trying to explain the in’s and out’s why I believe in the Lord to other people. I think of so many times I have spent literally hours with a person trying to explain my faith, many times to negative responses. In the end my faith is just that…..my faith. I realized its no use knocking myself out trying to explain it especially if the person is not very responsive. My faith is because of my experiences and in the end that person has to have their own experiences to come to their faith. So now I try not to overanalyze things

3/2/06 8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try mindfulness meditation. Over time it may help free you of obsessive thinking and lead to equanimity and inner peace.
From a meditator.

3/2/06 5:48 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

Hi Claire, I too aspire to 'simply be', but find myself continually over-analysing things. I'm really preoccupied with 'theology' at the moment because I am trying to work out an authentic and truthful outlook on quakerim. The silence of meeting for worship really helps me here because I start to see things in perspective, and its great to leave my hang-ups for a while and just dwell in the immediacy of the moment.

I love Yoda quotes! ("You will find only what you bring in" is a real favourite of mine). I've just been thinking about this poem by Robert Frost, which includes a phrase that sounds just like its from the little Yedi Master!

Anyway, all the best and "over the world, walking cheerfully, you shall"! - Simon

3/2/06 6:47 PM  
Anonymous Liz said...

Yoda's words are indeed wise.

21/11/09 6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger