Saturday, January 14, 2006

Blog Changes

I've recently made a few changes to my blog. The most obvious difference in my blog is the backround (or Template) - it's now all white!

I decided that I needed a change, in part to go along with my ever-changing experiences. Whether or not this change makes a difference to others, it is significant to me and my current blogging experience. It's somewhat difficult to explain why; sometimes I just need a change.

Also new: I added an extensive list (with links) of the Quaker or Quaker-related books I've read, am currently reading, have started reading (but am not currently reading), will soon read (will soon have, or already have but have not yet read), and hope to obtain in order to read (my wishlist). I came up with it mostly from memory, so after returning to my room I may add a few more that I forgot. Since it's such a long list (and will only grow), I may condense it to a post and leave a link to that post, but for now it's on the sidebar.

If anyone has comments or suggestions about the changes (or about my reading list), please, feel free.

Love and Light,
Claire

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz Opp said...

Hi, Claire.

Nice changes; I love the reading lists!

There is one book that I would highly recommend, especially given your next post about your concern "about the life and energy of our meetings for worship, and the life and energy of all members of our monthly meetings":

On Living with a Concern for Gospel Ministry, by Brian Drayton.

It certainly sounds like this is a Concern you yourself are carrying, and I have personally found this book helpful in that it has helped me name that I too carry a Concern for gospel ministry and gospel order, though it presents itself differently.

Even though Brian writes a bit about vocal ministry in particular, there are many other parts to this book that speak to a broader engagement in our Quakerism, whether it is through serving on clearness committees, nurturing someone else's spiritual gifts, or being involved in intervisitation.

And what's nice about the format of the book is that each chapter is a separate essay--some short, some not so short--so you can pick and choose what to read, depending on the time available to you, the topic that has a tug on your heart, or what-have-you.

I recently took a 24-hour "reading sabbatical" just to dig my teeth into this book... And I am underlining it to death!

Blessings,
Liz, The Good Raised Up

16/1/06 10:03 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

Thanks Liz! I think I'll add that to my wishlist.

I find that I cannot read a book without a pencil anymore (unless it's a novel for fun). I too do a lot of underlining in books that really speak to me.

Love and Light,
Claire

16/1/06 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger