Thursday, October 20, 2005

Toward the Mountain

I find it interesting where I am now, spiritually. I feel almost as though I've just begun my journey, though I've been traveling for quite awhile now. Perhaps it is more like I feel that I just encountered a new mountain to climb; I can see it in the distance and am working my way toward it. There was some initial excitement about having discovered this new direction, this new focus for my journey, but it's beginning to settle in a little.

I'm working on being careful to not get too caught up in the branches in my way or the beasts I may encounter, but to keep a firm eye on the mountain ahead. It'll always be there, even when I trip and fall..

It's tough and it's tiring when you go it alone
I learned about wiring, I learned about stone
The building is done but the work's never through
And I won't give up, no how, it reminds me of who I am and where I am now
I remember myself, that's the work that I do
On a spring night when the snow is melting
You'll see two sets of footprints walking
Look at all the stars, and turn around,
and walk home,

Slowly walk home.

[From "This is not the House that Pain Built", by Dar Williams]

Love and Light,
Claire

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz Opp said...

Claire,

I'm catching up on blog-reading, and I've decided to start with yours! Big smile.

I'm not a big hiker, but what I like about hiking and walking trails in the wilderness is that--

1. I can take my time.
2. I can rest as long as I want and I can start up again when I'm ready.
3. I can be completely caught off-guard by an amazing view as I round a bend or step into a clearing.

Glad you are enjoying the climb.

Blessings,
Liz, The Good Raised Up

1/11/05 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger