Monday, September 05, 2005

Notes for a bit

Orientation has been so busy that I haven't really had the focus or energy to post much, so until things settle down, I'll be posting notes here and there, like this one.

The last four days have been successively more beautiful; I simply can't believe it. Walking around the Wellesley campus in utter awe for the nature and architecture surrounding me is incredibly uplifting - throw in the most gorgeous cool, breezy, sunny weather, and I could lie in the grass all day!

Classes don't begin until tomorrow, but already my spirit feels nourished by the environment. Right now I'm inside in the library, but this room holds at least three large paintings of accomplished women on every wall; I'm not even doing work right now, but I feel empowered by these images.

When I first began feeling serious about applying here, I didn't quite understand why. I knew I felt a snag here; Wellesley caught my attention more than any other place I was looking, but I just couldn't put my finger on why. So far, though, I can't imagine being anywhere else right now. I know there will be difficult times, the weather will be bad, too, but for now, I'm treasuring how I feel. If I can just hold on to this wonder and feeling of nourishment, my experience here will continue to be beyond words.

Even without a lot of focus or grounding, I feel the Spirit running deeply within me.

Love and Light,
Claire

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz Opp said...

Atta girl! smile

Blessings,
Liz, The Good Raised Up

8/9/05 2:55 PM  
Blogger James Chang said...

Hi Claire,

I read your article on The Quaker Ranter. It is good to know that there are so many Friends who expresses their ideals in the blogosphere.

I have been maintaining my own weblog for a little while as well. It isn't really a Quaker blog, although I do address religious concerns there.

I hope you've been enjoying school at Wellesley so far. Since you're in MA, have you met other Friends in the area yet? There are a number of people here who care a great deal about youth and adult education. Jeff Hipp and Jonathan Vogel-Borne of Cambridge Friends Meeting are some of them to talk to. Are you currently attending a meeting?

In the Light of Christ,
James

8/9/05 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger