Sunday, August 28, 2005

Pre-Move-In Note

I move in to Wellesley for the first time tomorrow, and I feel frighteningly uncentered, unfocused, and ungrounded. I suppose that's to be expected when one is suddenly a two day, 17 hour, traffic-jam-y car-ride away from home, and about to move into an unfamiliar place with a couple thousand unfamiliar faces.

No matter how nervous and ungrounded I feel, whether I'm conscious of it or not - often I'm unnaturally calm about all of this (though it has brought out a grumpy, snappy side of me that I don't particularly enjoy or approve of), there is still Light and Spirit within me. It is this that I need to remember whenever I feel hopelessly overwhelmed - though, I'm aware that this is true even if I'm not conscious of it all the time.

Instead of going on about the range of emotions naturally flowing through me right now, I'll stop here. I move in tomorrow, and I have faith that it will be great - whether I realize it immediately or if it takes me a whole semester.

A great thank you to any and all who are keeping me in their thoughts. It means a lot to me.

Love and Light,
Claire

3 Comments:

Blogger Contemplative Scholar said...

Hi Claire,

I certainly have been keeping you in my thoughts, waiting with bated breath to hear what it's like! Transitions are hard, especially the completely in limbo parts, between here and there. You're detached from where you've been; you don't really know what things will be like when you get there until you get there. It is a time when faith is most called for -- and a time when you see what faith is really like up close -- a kind of super-magnified view of how we can be sustained and carried through even when we ourselves feel rattled and uncentered and perhaps even a little out of control.

It's not all up to us. We are carried through somehow -- in times of limbo, we watch with some amazement how life keeps unfolding for us, bringing us to places and new experiences we never could really have imagined on our own...

But now, you are probably there! I'm looking forward to hearing what it's like!

29/8/05 9:54 PM  
Blogger Liz Opp said...

Thanks for taking the time to keep your readers and fFriends updated. You are in my thoughts.

Blessings,
Liz, The Good Raised Up

29/8/05 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you made it and hope you get settled in. We miss ya!

Kendra

1/9/05 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger