Sunday, June 19, 2005

Finding the Ground..

Finally, three weeks after a great physical transition - movement from one place to another, from one environment to an entirely different one - I am finally finding some grounding. With patience and the realization of how the Spirit has been moving in my life without my initial conscious awareness, I am beginning to find grounding that I was reaching for (and perhaps approaching) before my summer uprooting.

Through great conflict, I am finding great support and a growing strength. I am finding a greater power of Spirit and Light within myself than I originally consciously realized; I am finding love, even in dark places.

Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not iritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13.4-7

For on reason or another, I felt the need to post that; love is so important in my life, and in everyone's. I hope to continue remembering that, even at my most exhausted and low moments.

I'm finding that my posts here often seem to be ministry to myself, something I did not expect to occur. In posting it, I make this available to any whom it may help or inspire. Perhaps one day my posts will be more well thought out and edited, more sorted and less blurted, but for now, this is what I feel I need to do here with this space.

Love and Light.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Claire:

Blurting has always been an important part of my development. As long as the stuff is tumbling out, let it.

Ministry to oneself is a really interesting idea. I think I know what you mean.

Much love,
A

23/6/05 11:13 AM  
Blogger Liz Opp said...

Thank you, thank you for posting this passage from 1 Corinthians. I often consider the passage from Galatians, about the fruits of the Spirit, and I clearly needed this reminder about love's qualities. I'm not sure why I need the reminder, but I feel viscerally, in my bones, that I do. It's as if I'm being Prepared for something...

Please, go on and blurt, as you are led. The editing and sorting will evolve organically, no doubt. And you seem to be trusting and leaning on your Guide, even if you are not always aware of Her.

Blessings,
Liz, The Good Raised Up

23/6/05 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger