Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Welcome to My New Blog Site!

I realized today that for the purposes of my spiritual blog, Blogger (blogspot) is much more appropriate than Livejournal. It's more finished-looking, has more (and better) options, and seems to be of much better quality. In having better quality, I may take more time and care with my posts - with Livejournal I tend to edit very little - and this will have a good impact on my writing skills and articulation.

I have added Quaker Ranter, The Good Raised Up, and Of the Best Stuff, but Plain to my 'Other Blogs' list, and I hope that these Friends do not mind (please, let me know immediately if you mind and I will take down the links ASAP).

As you can probably see, I have added all of the posts from my previous blog (with appropriate dates for date of post), http://www.livejournal.com/users/quakerspeak/. Those that did not have titles before now have some sort of title to make the 'Recent Posts' list easier to read. The only thing that did not switch along with my posts are the comments on them, which can still be found at http://www.livejournal.com/users/quakerspeak/.

I may still use the livejournal account for minor livejournal things (such as the Quaker community there), but for the most part, this is now the blog I will use for spiritual and theological contemplations, writings, etc.

Any advice about blogspot or my particular blog is quite welcome.

Peace

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good.

I wish you well in your new blog location/format.

10/5/05 11:11 AM  
Blogger Liz Opp said...

Oh, Hoo-RAY! Hoo-RAY!

I'm so thrilled you are taking the time to unload, unburden, express yourself in this way, Claire!

I've just taken a few minutes to read through your posts on Live Journal, and now I'll have to put aside the time to respond to a number of them. For now, though, I'm very excited that I'll have a way to click back through your posts.

As for advice about Blogspot... I found I got a number of spam emails right after I created my profile on Blogger. I believe that if I hadn't changed my profile from public to private, the amount of spam I'd be getting would be enormous. These days, I still get about 5-10 spam emails a week. Manageable.

Thanks again for taking the time to re-post things here, Claire. In addition to Of the Best Stuff, but Plain, I appreciate another young Friends' voice—and another woman's voice at that! smile

Blessings,
Liz, The Good Raised Up

11/5/05 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks nice! I look forward to this. Never used blogspot before, so I don't have any advice :)

I think this was a good idea. You are right that LJ is not the best place for serious posts that you want to share with a wide audience. (For the same reasons I have been thinking of starting a non-LJ Quaker blog thing myself sometime, probably this summer. I'm not sure whether to do just a general, these-are-my-thoughts-about-Quakerism blog or a more themed/specific one.)

Best wishes,
Zach

11/5/05 7:53 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Thank you, Robin, Liz, and Zach, for your support! I'm already quite content with this new spot.

12/5/05 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger