Sunday, May 01, 2005

a couple things..


I've been thinking about how to interpret the concept of being 'saved' in a way that has meaning to me. This idea came to me - when someone is 'saved from their sins', it is when they begin to trust in their Spirit and start to realize that people do make mistakes; one is being 'saved' from their own intense judgement of their flaws or mistakes in life (otherwise known as 'sins').

In my efforts to approach spirituality from a more spiritual standpoint as opposed to intellectually, I'm having some trouble. I'm a very intellectual thinker, and I'm having so much trouble finding stillness! It's from situations like these that I have learned most strongly that time, patience, and waiting are what I need most. I must remain patient and allow my Spirit to nurture me as I nurture it (because my Spirit and I are one and the same).

All journeys, it seems, have periods of immense chaos and confusion. With time, things begin to clear and make sense.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz Opp said...

Some quick thoughts (I have a lot of reading to do on your blog!)--

1. As I sit with the idea of being 'saved from your sins,' the word that comes to mind for me is transformed... transformed by the Spirit. Not sure if that fits for you though. And I also agree with your idea that being saved is about acceptance of oneself. You've got me thinking, which I appreciate!

2. I have come to the same conclusion about journeys, with their chaos and their clarity. Same with the idea of being spiritually fallow or dry, balanced with times of spiritual leaps and bounds, of bounty and abundance.

I look forward to reading more of you.

Blessings,
Liz, The Good Raised Up

11/5/05 5:34 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

As I look back upon this post I find that though these concepts came to me and I expressed them, I have already forgotten to take some of them to heart!

In my occasional frustration, I find that I forget my own words: All journeys, it seems, have periods of immense chaos and confusion. With time, things begin to clear and make sense.

I must remember that it's ok to be confused, disoriented, or unfocused sometimes. It can be ok to be unfocused!!! What a revelation!

I can see being 'saved' as a spiritual transformation. Perhaps it's analogous to a butterfly emerging from a chrysalis; a release of something beautiful that has been developing the entire time.

11/5/05 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger